Kobayashi Satoru's career highlights
- Born 4/5/1959.
- In 1974, became 1 dan pro.
- In 1987, became 9 dan pro.
- In 1982, won 13th Shin-Ei champion.
- In 1987, won 2nd NEC Shun-Ei Tournament champion.
- In 1995, won 42nd NHK Cup title.
- In 1995, won 20th Gosei Title, and the challenger of 15th-17th Gosei.
- In 1996, won 5th Ryusei title.
- In 1997, 2nd Samsung Cup second place and 8th Tong Yang Cup second place.
- In 1998, won 18th NEC Tournament champion 5th Agon Cup champion.
- In 1999 and 2000, the winner of 32nd and 33rd Hayago Championship.
- In 2002, achieved the longest winning streak (17 consecutive wins) in Japan and won 36th KIDO Consecutive Wins Award.